This page was last updated: 11th May 2018
1. What data we collect and why we collect it
When you place an order with us we ask for various items of personal information. We keep a record of this information because all this is necessary for us to recognise you as a registered customer and to process and fulfil the orders that you place with us. Storing this information means you do not need to re-enter these details each time you shop. If you place an order, we also ask you for your card payment details but we do not store any of your card details.
Personal information that DNA Lean may collect from you:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as your address and postcode
- A record of your purchases
- A record of any e-mail correspondence you send us
- Telephone calls made to our Customer Service Helpline may be recorded for monitoring and quality control purposes
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
2. What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
3. How long we keep personal information
DNA Lean will only retain customers’ personal information for as long as it needs it to carry out a particular purpose or meet a particular obligation.
4. Do we share any of your personal data with third parties?
DNA Lean do not currently share any of your data with any third parties whatsoever.
5. Your rights
None of the terms set out in this policy affect your legal rights, and while using our website you have the right to:
- To be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- To access to your personal data and any supplementary information
- To have any errors in your personal data rectified
- To have your personal data erased
- To block or suppressing the processing of your personal data
- To move, copy or transfer your personal data from one IT environment to another
- To object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, and rights related to automated decision-making (i.e. where no humans are involved) and profiling (i.e. where certain personal data is processed to evaluate an individual).
6. Accessing & controlling your personal information
Here at DNA Lean, we provide our customers with access to their personal information and the opportunity to amend and update their details or preferences (including consent to receive marketing communications) in order to keep the information up-to-date and accurate.
You can see the information you have provided to us through the registration process by accessing the ‘My Account’ section of the DNA Lean website. You can also use this section to change or delete this information including any consent you have provided to receive marketing communications. To do so, click on ‘Change registration details’.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may also request details of personal information which we hold about you. Requests must be made in writing and there is a £10 fee for each request. Proof of identification is required in order to protect your information. We also require sufficient details to be able locate your information. For example, dates and details of orders that you have placed. An optional application form may be provided to assist us in locating the information you require.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to our mailing address listed on our contact page.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Including, but not limited to:
- by carrying out regular penetration testing
- by following internal policies of best practice and training for staff
- by encrypting personal data
- by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology when information is submitted to us online
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
9. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|